Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

JUST GOT HOME

Nature can be termed as a human bank, if you invest something good on it, for sure it will have a good outcome. But if you invest a junk on it don’t assume that it will return a single peso.
            It was September of 2009 and it was raining cats and dogs because of the super typhoon named “Ondoy”, that time news on different channels announced that there are no classes on particular universities, they mentioned. Unluckily we are not included on the list. So I prepared all the things that I need such as umbrellas and get ready to depart.
            After my class in Data communication, we play DOTA as part of my routine; since it is raining hard we decided to wait until the rain stops. But after 4 hours of waiting, the heavy rain continues to drop and became more aggressive. The heavy rain seems not to stop so I and my classmate agree to go home. Unfortunately, there are no public vehicles because the flood covered some part of the area. We walk until we reach Francis which is nearby my classmate’s house. He offered me to stay in their house until the flood subsides. In that very moment, I witnessed how people got stranded some are swimming over the dirty water just to go home, some are climbing up the houses and others are waiting for trucks to ride on, that experienced was so horrible.
            When the rain suddenly stops, I decided then to go home because it was actually 4pm. But still the flood is over waist. I expect that no vehicle would dare to travel, and so I walk from Francis to Tagalag where I reside.
            I remember when I was walking alone; I’m so afraid not only because of flood but also because of darkness prevail the whole city. I was so tired and to the extent that I can no longer walk. When I arrived at 10:00 pm, I can simply smile and thank God I’m Alive.
            Being brave is not easy, mostly when your enemy is not human but nature.
                                                                                                               •Mieyalbert 24• 

No comments:

Post a Comment